Steve Feinour represents large and small companies, non-profit organizations and individuals in business, real estate and litigation matters, including business acquisitions and sales. He advises business owners on succession planning as well as wealth and asset preservation. Steve manages the firm’s municipal law practice group, counseling public officials grappling with the challenges constantly facing local governments in Pennsylvania. He was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016-2017 in the field of Municipal Law and has a Martindale Hubbell AV rating. He also serves as an arbitrator and mediator in commercial and personal injury actions, including uninsured and underinsured motorist arbitrations, as well as a court-appointed referee in insurance company liquidation proceedings.
Steve’s practice concentration includes real estate development, land use planning and zoning, eminent domain and related areas. He has extensive experience in commercial and residential real estate transactions, including sales and leasing of property. He has handled leasing of professional office buildings for both landlords and tenants, including double net and triple net leasing, leasing with purchase options, and long term leases of ground and structures. These include fee ownership and condominium ownership models. He has experience representing owners in construction contracts for commercial and residential structures including design-build contracts and value-added engineering projects. He handles real estate financing through commercial mortgages, sale-leaseback and private financing. In addition, he has successfully represented large Fortune 500 companies and private property owners in condemnation proceedings with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), PPL, and natural gas pipeline companies.
Steve has extensive experience in municipal law and serves as solicitor and/or special counsel to various townships, boroughs and zoning hearing boards. He is experienced in low and high density land development projects, land development and zoning issues. A member of the firm’s Right-To-Know practice group, Steve counsels municipalities and private entities on “right-to-know” matters. He is listed in the Best Lawyers in America in the field of Municipal Law.
- Successful representation of corporations and private individuals in condemnation proceedings with natural gas companies, including negotiation of favorable easement terms and settlements
- Representation of municipal clients in complex land development projects
- Preparation of business succession plans for multi-generation family owned businesses
- Representation of independent insurance agencies in asset sale and stock sale acquisitions
- Representation of railroads and property owners in public utility condemnation matters
- Representation of a Class I railroad in a multi-million dollar intermodal facility project
- Representation of a short line railroad in the acquisition of several rail lines
- Successful representation of owner in dispute with contractor under design-build contract for office building/warehouse
Steve is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Judicial Administration Committee and is Vice Chair of the Municipal Law Section. He serves as an investigative panel member for the PBA Judicial Evaluation Commission. He is Immediate Past President of the Rotary Club of Harrisburg and Director of the Harrisburg Area YMCA.