200 North 3rd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
- 717-236-3010 ext. 115
- 717-234-1925 (fax)
Steve focuses on the representation of large and medium sized businesses and individuals in business, real estate, estate planning and administration, and litigation matters. As a native of the area, he has a unique understanding of the legal and economic landscape in South Central Pennsylvania.
Business & Employment Law
He counsels business owners on business formation, dissolution, ownership, and succession strategies. He has extensive experience in commercial and residential real estate transactions, including sales and leasing of property.
Steve represents several municipalities as solicitor on land development and zoning issues, in addition to eminent domain actions. He also represents private entities encountering similar problems.
Tax, Trusts & Estates
Steve also assists clients with their estate planning needs, including wealth and asset preservation, and estate administration. In addition to individual wealth transfer, he assists in the preparation of business succession plans for multi-generation family owned businesses.
- Dickinson College, B.A. 1973
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, J.D. 1976
- Pennsylvania, 1976
- United States District Courts for the Middle and Eastern Districts of PA
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Hon. William W. Lipsitt American Inn of Court
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Judicial Administration Committee, the Municipal Law Section
- Investigative panel member for the PBA Judicial Evaluation Commission
- Past President of the Rotary Club of Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Rotary Foundation member
- Director of the Harrisburg Area YMCA
- Municipal Regulation of Signs, What Reed v. Town of Gilbert could mean for your Borough, Borough News, December 2015.
Steve has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for his work in municipal law (2017-2022) and advising closely held and family owned businesses (2018-2022). He is also recognized as a Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer” in the areas of municipal law, land use and zoning (2019-2022).
Steve’s practice highlights include the representation of a Class 1 railroad in a multi-million dollar intermodal facility project, the representation of a short line railroad in the acquisition of other railroad lines, the successful negotiation of a large settlement with Pennsylvania Department of Transportation in a major road and bridge improvement project, and the representation of an independent insurance agency in asset sale and stock sale acquisitions.