Spencer G. Nauman, Jr. is Senior Partner of the firm and a member of the firm’s Tax, Trusts and Estates practice group. He represents the largest dental insurance carrier in the United States. His other clients include community foundations and the state community foundation association.
Spencer’s work with the dental insurance carrier involves holding company issues, trade association issues, re-insurance, multi-state insurer filing requirements and multi-state insurance law interpretation as well as general governance issues.
Spencer serves on the Pennsylvania Securities Commission Lawyers Advisory Committee. In 2006, he was Co-Chairman of the Lawyers Who Lobby Committee formed at the request of the Speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives to examine whether a lobbying disclosure law could apply to lawyers.
Because of his extensive experience, Spencer is often consulted regarding federal, state and local tax questions, business succession, administration of trusts and estates and governance of business and nonprofit corporations.
- Was instrumental in organization of offshore reinsurance corporation
- Assisted in the organization of large national nonprofit holding company system
- Converted into corporate form community foundations in trust form
- Administered many large and small estates
- Prepared varied business succession plans